Having trouble viewing the contest? CLICK HERE to enter...
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Show Us Your Best Dessert
Station: San Antonio Television, LLC dba KABB and WOAI
Station Address: 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78229
Contest Area: Atascosa, Bandera, Bee, Bexar, Comal, De Witt, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Harlingen Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Lavaca, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Victoria, Webb, Wilson, and Zavala
Prize Provider(s): KABB/WOAI
Age of Eligibility: 18
Contest Period: October 10, 2016 at 12:01am CDT until October 19, 2016 at 11:59am CDT
Entries Due: October 19, 2016
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address.
Photo Topic: Show Us Your Best Dessert: Contestants will upload photos of the best desserts they have ever prepared.
Judging Criteria: appearance (50%) and creativity (50%).
Number of Winners Based on Judging Results: 2 winners based on results
Total Number of Winners: 2
Winner Selection Date: October 19, 2016 by 11:59pm CDT
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) winner to appear on Daytime @ Nine on October 25, 2016 and prepare their featured dessert; one (1) Winner to appear on San Antonio Living on October 26, 2016 and prepare their featured dessert. Due to the unique nature of the prize, no monetary value associated with prize
Station’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/foxsanantonio; www.facebook.com/News4SA
Station’s Website: http://foxsanantonio.com/; http://news4sanantonio.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://foxsanantonio.com/station/terms; http://news4sanantonio.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, log onto the Station’s Website, or Facebook users can log onto the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, upload your photograph of the Photo Topic, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries
Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria.
On the Winner Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she owns the photograph submitted, (ii) the photograph does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the photograph complies with all of requirements of the Photo Topic, (iv) the photograph has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the terms and conditions located at the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.