October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
According to Family Violence Prevention Services:
• One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
• Almost 1/3 of female homicide victims reported in police records were killed by an intimate partner
• One in 6 women and 1 in 33 men have experienced an attempted or completed rape.
• Sexual assault or forced sex occurs in approximately 40-45% of abusive relationships.
• 74% of all Texans have experienced some form of domestic violence or have a friend or family member who has experienced it.
• 31% of all Texans report that they have been severely abused at some point in their lifetime.
On October 14th, The Purple Run will be taking place in San Antonio to spread awareness. To sign up, click HERE.
For more information on Family Violence Prevention Services, click HERE or call 210-733-8810.