Mom warns parents of fidget spinner dangers after daughter nearly chokes on toy part
A Texas mother recounted a terrifying incident involving her daughter and a piece of a fidget spinner lodged in the child's throat.
According to a Facebook post by Kelly Rose Joniec, she was driving home when she heard her daughter making an "odd retching noise" in the back seat.
The girl was able to breathe and indicated she had swallowed something. After a trip to an urgent care facility, then an ambulance ride to a Houston-area hospital, an X-ray showed a piece of the toy, roughly the size of a quarter, lodged in her esophagus. She included a picture of the X-ray in the Facebook post.
It was finally removed by a doctor.
Joniec offered this advice to other parents in her online post, "From this I wish to offer some word of caution to parents. Fidget spinners are the current craze so they are widely distributed. Kids of all ages may be getting them, but not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings. The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8 yr old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard."
In case you haven't heard, fidget spinners are the latest toy craze to hit the market.