MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Dog survives with cable wire embedded around its neck

A veterinarian operates on Stanford, a Retriever mix, who suffered from a cable wire embedded in his neck (Photos: San Antonio Humane Society)

SAN ANTONIO - An injured Retriever mix dog is recovering at a local animal shelter after surgery to remove an embedded wire in his neck.

The San Antonio Humane Society said the dog, named Stanford, was suffering from obvious neglect when a good Samaritan brought the animal to the Northwest Side facility.

In Stanford's neck, a cable wire was embedded about a half-inch deep. A veterinarian used wire cutters to remove the wire during surgery.

While he is doing better, the gruesome injury left a severe wound all the way around Stanford's neck. The San Antonio Humane Society said he will likely suffer months of pain due to tissue damage and infection.

Trending