MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Grease fire torches Northeast Side house

A grease fire got out of hand and completely destroyed a Northeast Side home Monday afternoon. (SBG San Antonio)

SAN ANTONIO - A grease fire got out of hand and completely destroyed a Northeast Side home Monday afternoon.

The fire began around 1 p.m. at a home on the 8100 block of Golden Forest Drive near Montgomery Drive.

Fire officials said a man was cooking with grease and walked away for a few minutes. When he came back, smoke was everywhere, and by the time fire crews showed up at the scene, the house was fully engulfed.

The wind played a big factor in contributing to spreading the fire so quickly. Several fire departments, including Kirby, Converse, Windcrest and Sam Houston, were called to the scene to help battle this fire.

No injuries were reported. Officials said the fire did about $150K in damage, and the house is a total loss.

Trending