Investigators say heavily-tattooed MS-13 gang member responsible for girlfriend's murder
SAN ANTONIO - State investigators hope a $10,000 reward will lead them to a suspected gang member accused of killing an estranged girlfriend and kidnapping the driver of a pickup truck.
Carlos Alberto Gonzalez-Barahona, 26, is a Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitive. He is from El Salvador and a member of the violent Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) gang, say investigators.
Gonzalez-Barahona has been deported several times. He is also suspected of shooting his girlfriend to death in Houston and then kidnapping a driver just a few days later in Brazoria County back in June.
According to authorities, Gonzalez-Barahona is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds. He has several tattoos, including a star on his left elbow; “HOUSTON” on the back of his left arm; “TEXAS” on the back of his right arm; “GONZALEZ” on his upper back; “281” on his left arm; “713” on his right arm; and other tattoos on his abdomen, back, chest, legs, arms, both wrists and right ear.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” - followed by your tip - to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store.