MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

No arrests made after Hardberger Park attack

Park attack

It has now been more than 24 hours since the attack at Hardberger Park, and no arrests have been made. Authorities tell us, the person who had been taken-in for questioning on Tuesday, has since been released.

“It's scary, and the fact that it actually did happen, it’s terrifying,” said one woman walking at Hardberger Park on Tuesday.

Many people at the park on Wednesday, were aware of what occurred the day before. In fact, Bianca Lozano brought a taser to carry with her on a walk.

RELATED: Woman fights off attacker during sexual assault at Hardberger Park, say police

"We're not going to let the guy go down easy,” said Lozano. “God forbid something like that happens. It makes me feel a whole lot safer for sure.”

"They haven't caught the guy yet,” said another woman at the park. “I don't want to take any chances."

After talking with authorities, we discovered that there are 168 sworn officers patrolling 20,538 acres of area parks in San Antonio.

"Currently it is enough, our Police Chief would absolutely say it is,” said District 1 Councilman Roberto Trevino referring to the officers patrolling parks. “We’re growing, we're going to need more, and we're planning for that.”

Councilman Trevino says the current budget plan would add about 40 new officers throughout the city. Two of those positions will be used to patrol city parks.

Trending