MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

14-year-old shot in head, three suspects surrender after standoff

14-year-old shot in head, three suspects surrender after standoff (SBG San Antonio)

SAN ANTONIO – A 14-year-old was shot in the head after police say three suspects fired off dozens of shot outside a West Side apartment complex Friday night.

Saturday Morning

The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. Friday on the 200 block of St. Christopher Walk. During a news conference Saturday morning, San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said a 32-year-old man who had argued with his ex-female partner became angry, and then grabbed a handgun, went outside and started shooting. Chief McManus said the man then grabbed a long gun and went back outside and continued to fire off shots.

According to McManus, one of the bullets went through a window and struck a 14-year-old boy. He said the boy was taken to University Hospital in critical condition. Another bullet grazed the head of a man who was driving by the scene. He is expected to be all right.

Chief McManus said the shooter ran back inside the apartment after the shooting and refused to come out. McManus said SWAT and police negotiators were called to the scene during the 4-hour standoff and the suspect ended up surrendering without incident.

Saturday Afternoon Update

Late Saturday afternoon, police announced that three people had been taken into custody in connection with the shooting. San Antonio Police Department spokesperson Officer Doug Greene said that although a preliminary investigation indicated there was only one shooter, further investigation revealed two other men were also involved.

The suspects have been identified as 33-year-old Richard Anthony Montez, 18-year-old Juan Martinez, and 20-year-old Andres Martinez. Officer Greene said all three were inside the apartment and had surrendered when SWAT officers ordered them to come out.

According to Officer Greene, Montez was the original suspect in the case. Greene said that all three suspects indicated they fired their weapons because they felt threatened. Greene said the 'ex-female partner' of Montez mentioned by Chief McManus earlier in the day was still involved in the investigation.

Officer Greene said the 14-year-old remains at University Hospital with life-threatening injuries.








close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending