5 things to watch: Blazers vs. Spurs
The San Antonio Spurs (52-14) will host the Portland Trail Blazers tonight as the Spurs will look for their 10th straight win at home. The Spurs are 2-0 against the Blazers this season.
The Spurs are coming off a 107-99 home win over the Hawks. Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs with 31 points in his return to the floor after sitting out the team's previous game due to the NBA's Concussion Policy. Danny Green chipped in with 14 points.
San Antonio will also have LaMarcus Aldridge available for tonight's game as he has been cleared to play after dealing with a minor heart arrhythmia. Tony Parker is questionable for tonight's game (back stiffness) and Dejounte Murray is out (groin).
And as the Spurs look to lock up the regular-season series against Portland, here are five things to watch in tonight's game:
- The Spurs' defense has held Portland below 100 points in both previous games.
- Portland's Damian Lillard's 25.3 points per game scoring average against the Spurs is his fourth best against a single opponent.
- San Antonio is shooting 54.8 percent from the three-point line against Portland this season.
- Blazers' C.J. McCollum is averaging 21.4 in his last five games against the Spurs.
- The Blazers are 2-5 on the second game of a back-to-back on the road this season.