Apartment fire on Northeast Side likely caused by heater
SAN ANTONIO —
An apartment caught fire on the Northeast Side, and authorities say it was likely caused due to a heater being on.
The San Antonio Fire Department said they responded to an apartment fire Sunday morning around 11 a.m. on 11300 Roszell Drive. When fire crews arrived they saw smoke coming out of the second story.
Authorities said only one apartment was on fire, and the fire was contained to the attic space. There was one occupant in the apartment and no one was injured.
Authorities said the fire likely started due to the heater being on with the cold weather.
The apartment unit below had some water damage, and the estimated damages of both apartment units was $50,000 to $60,000.