Fire breaks out twice at home belonging to relative of Sutherland Springs survivor
SAN ANTONIO - Fire broke out twice at a home belonging to a relative of a Sutherland Springs survivor early Wednesday morning.
A fire broke out at about 3 a.m. at the house on Colzona, near Loop 410 and North WW White Road.
Crews said it was likely caused by a cigarette left in a trash can. The homeowner escaped, but extensive damage was caused to the house.
We also learned the homeowner has a son who survived the shooting in Sutherland Springs and remains hospitalized.
The homeowner left the scene and was not around when the fire rekindled. The San Antonio Fire Department returned and put out the second fire.
The structure was gutted.