South Texas starts off new year with critically low blood supplies
SAN ANTONIO —
The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center needs your help in restocking the region's blood donation supply.
January is National Blood Donor Month and to commemorate it, the blood center is featuring "Texas Strong" as the month's theme. The need for O negative blood, the universal blood type, is urgent.
Donors are encouraged to visit www.SouthTexasBlood.org to find the nearest blood drive or to schedule an appointment. You can also visit the following locations.:
- Donor Pavilion, 6211 Interstate 10 West at First Park Ten Boulevard
- Northeast Donor Room, 8527 Village Drive, Suite 106
- Shavano Donor Room, 4079 N. Loop 1604 West, Suite 102
- Southeast Donor Room, 3158 SE Military Drive, Suite 104
- Westover Hills Donor Room, 10555 Culebra Road, Suite 107
- New Braunfels Donor Room, 651 N. Business Interstate 35, Suite 830
- Victoria Donor Room, 1109 Sam Houston Drive, Victoria, TX 77901
All donors are required to have a photo ID. Anyone who is 16 years old and weighs at least 120 pounds (with parental consent form), or 17 years old and weighs at least 110 pounds and is in good general health may donate blood.