Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityThousands of potholes repaired last year, officials say | KABB
Close Alert

Thousands of potholes repaired last year, officials say

Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

SAN ANTONIO- Kay Ann Drive near South W.W. White road is an uneven mess. The street is deteriorating and potholes are starting to form.

“You can see the potholes, the dips and there's some dips down a little bit farther,” said Richard Burton.

Burton says it’s been an ongoing problem for decades.

“When the rain comes and the weather changes then those potholes they seem to come back up and then the gravel is gone and a pothole all over again,” Burton said.

Just last year, the city repaired more than 75,000 potholes. Officials with TCI say 85%of those were proactively repaired. The remaining 15% were repaired because someone reported it using 311.

Since 2015, more than 47,000 street service requests were made through 311.

“Potholes can be very dangerous they can damage cars,” said Paul Berry with TCI.

Berry says it's very rare for a pothole to reappear once it's been fixed.

“They don't just happen because of one rain. They happen over a period of time where water seeps in gets into the base and then as traffic rolls over it you get a pothole,” Berry said.

As for Burton he just wants his neighborhood to look nice again.

“To actually revitalize a neighborhood you have to start from the ground up,” Burton said.

Comment bubble

You can report a pothole by calling 311. TCI tries to repair pothole request within 2 business days. To learn more click here.

Loading ...