Three Lytle HS students taken to hospital after admitting to eating tainted candy
LYTLE, TX - On Wednesday morning, three Lytle high school students were taken to the hospital after eating drug-infused gummy bears.
The students, all in separate classes, alerted their teachers they were not feeling well and admitted to eating drug-infused gummy bears they brought to school.
Medina County Sheriff's Office has yet to clarify which drug was infused with the candy.
The Sheriffs Office brought drug sniffing dogs at the school on Wednesday, no additional drug-infused gummy bears were found.
An investigation from the school and MCSO is underway.
Students went home the same day as the hospital visit.
School officials pleased with the handling of the situation.
"I believe the kids health were first and foremost," Lytle ISD public relations officer, Lorrianne Migura said.
The school would not comment if the students will be punished from eating drug-infused gummy bears on campus.