Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityDowntown hotel evacuated after reports of carbon monoxide poisonings | KABB
Close Alert

Downtown hotel evacuated after reports of carbon monoxide poisonings

Image (36).jpeg
Image (36).jpeg
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

UPDATE: Residents of the hotel were able to go back to their rooms around 4 p.m. after receiving the "all-clear" from authorities.

The San Antonio Fire Department and EMS treated five people for carbon monoxide poisoning at the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown.

According to Chief Charles Hood, the call came in before noon when there were reports of a gas leak at 118 Soledad Street on Friday.

Authorities say that people were downstairs in the gym when they had been reporting symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

When emergency services arrived, they had the entire building evacuated and HAZMAT cleared all floors of the hotel.

Chief Hood says that they are trying to find the source of the gas leak and believe it may be in the heating area downstairs by the pool.

All residents of the hotel were removed from the building.

Comment bubble

Loading ...