5 things to watch: Magic vs. Spurs (Preseason)
The San Antonio Spurs (2-1) will host the Orlando Magic tonight in preseason action at the AT&T Center.
The Spurs are coming off a 122-100 win versus Denver. LaMarcus Aldridge scored 21 points and grabbed 8 rebounds in the win. Bryn Forbes had 20 points off the bench.
Here are five things to watch tonight:
- The return of Jonathon Simmons. Simmons is making his first trip back to San Antonio after inking a deal with Orlando in the offseason. Spurs fans will be certain to give him a warm welcome back.
- 3-point shooting. In the preseason loss to the Kings, the Spurs shot 24.2% from deep. In the last two wins, San Antonio has connected on 48.4% versus Sacramento and 57.1% versus Denver.
- In the last two preseason games, Aldridge is averaging 15.5 points.
- The Spurs have held teams to 96.5 points in last two home preseason games.
- Rudy Gay is averaging 7 points in two games for the Spurs including 11 points in the win over Denver.